Hours after reports said it was going to call Enforcement Directorate (ED) Jacqueline Fernandez as a suspect in the extortion case involving scammer Sukesh Chandrashekhar, the actor shared a motivational comment on social media. According to reports, ED is all set to press charges in the case and Jacqueline will be named as one of the accused. The actor shared a quote on Instagram, saying “everything will be fine”. Also read: R Madhavan supports Jacqueline Fernandez as ED calls her accused in 200 cr extortion case
On Wednesday morning to her Instagram Stories, Jacqueline re-shared a post from the Sheroxworld page that read: “Dear me, I deserve all the good things, I’m strong, I accept myself. It’ll be all right. I’m strong, I’ll keep my achieve goals and dreams. I can do it (sic).” Jacqueline, however, did not reveal anything about the case on social media, and the actor has been silent about the matter for a long time.
She was questioned by the ED earlier this year after investigations revealed links between her and Sukesh. Photos of the two had also surfaced on social media, suggesting the two were dating. Jacqueline initially denied this, but according to reports, she later admitted to the agency that the two were indeed in a relationship.
Jacqueline has been questioned by the agency several times in this case, the last being in June. The ED in April provisionally added 7.27 crore funds from the actor under the PMLA, excluding 15 lakh cash as the agency referred to these funds as “crime proceeds”.
Earlier, the ED had alleged that Chandrashekhar used money to buy gifts for Jacqueline, which he extorted by cheating high-profile people, including the wife of former Fortis Healthcare promoter Shivinder Mohan Singh, Aditi Singh. “Sukesh Chandrasekhar had several gifts worth 5.71 crore to Jacqueline Fernandez from the proceeds of crimes generated by criminal activities, including extortion,” the ED had said in a statement.
Trending topics to follow